Taak’s third album is another `cross on misery’s way´
Seasoned Estonian doom-rockers release a new album “Rist viletsuse teel” on April 23.
Taak’s third full-length “Rist viletsuse teel” (“A Cross on Misery’s Way”) is a hard-boiled amalgam of crunchy hard rock, dark doom aesthetics and satirical dalliance with mysticism. Recorded at Roundsound Studios by the ever-adept Keijo Koppel, the new album is more experimental and encompassing than the previous two, yet the phat riffs, the eerie atmosphere and the hyperborean temperament are still there.
In addition to the jewel-box, a limited edition calico-bound book version of “Rist viletsuse teel” will be released by the end of May, containing a short story by the award-winning science fiction author Laur Kraft entitled “Sügelisnõia kingitus” (“The Gift of the Scabies-Sorcerer”), expanding on some of the antsier motifs in Taak’s lyrics.
Taak will pre-present the album already on April 20, performing at Rock Café, Tallinn together with Finntroll, Metsatöll and Tracedawn. Tickets to one of the more important metal events of this spring are sold at Piletilevi outlets and Statoil serving stations everywhere in Estonia.
Track-list of “Rist viletsuse teel”:
1. Linnadesööja (Eater of Cities)
2. Olgu mürgitatud meie algatus (May Our Undertaking Be Poisoned)
3. Vagu (The Groove)
4. Kusagil struktuurides (Somewhere in the Framework)
5. Sümbolpimedus (Symbol-Blindness)
6. Oraakli vastus on alati surm (The Answer of the Oracle is Always Death)
7. Ämblikkude hõng (The Smell of Spiders)
8. 59 kraadi põhjalaiust (59th Parallel North)
9. Tere tulemast vanglasse (Welcome To Jail)
10. Puhas kuld / I.A.O.:I.N.R.I. (Pure Gold)
11. Surnud mees ja tema sarv (Dead Man With a Horn)